Saturday, February 12, 2011

Cali Trip Day 3

Saturday, February 5th, 2011
We had a very early start to our day because we knew it would be filled with driving to and from SLO so we could visit with my brother Tim, his wife and their new baby. There was no way I was going to pass up an opportunity to meet my new niece!

We started off our day with Val and Andrew’s parents. We wanted to see if this huge military garage sale was going on because it tends to have a lot of baby supplies in great condition. Sadly we drove to Marina and it wasn’t going on... But! We did take the opportunity to have a photo session on a beach cliff. Val is a great photographer, and took some great maternity shots of me, and me with Andrew, and us with his folks. It was a beautiful morning , and a wonderful landscape created by God for our background. I’ll post some of the pics once Val is able to mail me copies. 

Me and one of my besties - Val. ^_^

Walking back to the car. This is the only pic I have from the photo shoot. That and the one of me and Val. All the rest are on Val's camera and Marks. Those will be in another post
After saying goodbye to Mark and Karlyn, Andrew, Valerie and I got in our rental car and headed south to Arroyo Grande (the city Val lives in and the city we had planned to meet up with my brother). Val and I spent most the time in the car catching up on our lives and talking about God. And of course looking at the landscape and all the horses, cows, goats and sheep we passed by. We even saw a little herd of deer, and I spotted three rabbit running along a creek. We stopped for lunch at a Subway where I discovered I’m able to balance a cup of water on my baby bump. 


When we got to Arroyo Grande the first thing I did was say hi to my brother, who happened to be holding his sweet precious daughter, Adelyn. I asked to hold her right away so I could give my nieces the snuggles I’ve been dying to give her since she was born three months ago. Tadpole even gave a little kick of hello to her cousin who will only be about six months older than her. 


Even though I didn’t want to give the little one up, I let Andrew hold her. He’s so cute holding a little baby! I can’t wait for Tadpole to be in his arms being snuggled by her daddy. ^_^



After the initial Adelyn snuggled, we all headed off to The Village to meet up with Val’s hubby (and our friend), and some of Tim and Beth’s friends from the area. We enjoyed walking around The Village with friends in the warm sun. Though this is when I regretted only having maternity clothes for the weather in Washington. I was hot! But loving it. ^_^


We parted ways with Val and Dan and went to have a sunset dinner with Tim, Beth and their friends at the Ventana Grill, which sits on a cliff above the ocean. I have not seen a sunset this epic in a long while! So gorgeous! So beautiful! So bright and brilliant! We of course took the opportunity to take some pictures. 

The Ventana Grill

So pretty!
We were SO LOVING IT!

Daddies on the outside, Mommies next, and then the babies in the middle

 Even though we didn’t know everyone who was at dinner with us, what was fun was that Christan and his wife Allegra were there. They were the ones who took the professional photos of Andrew and I in our wedding clothes on the beach in August. It was great seeing them again and catching up. 

You should really check out Christan's Photography site

Christan and Allegra took photos for us like this one
Sadly Andrew and I had to hit the road after dinner so we wouldn’t get into San Jose too late that night. We of course made sure we had some more snuggle time with Adelyn before we left. I am very happy we were able to meet Adelyn during our trip, and see Tim and Beth again. It was nice to catch up with my family who live the most south from us.

Now to show off some adorable pictures of my niece, Adelyn.


She was playing with her tongue and I wanted a picture of it, and she stuck it out for me.

Such a cutie!!!!!!!!

Tim is such a great dad. I love this photo of him and his daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment