Monday, February 28, 2011

Cali Baby Shower Pics

I said I'd post more pictures from the Cali baby showers once I got copies, so here they are! Each picture has a caption to give you more of an idea of what went on at the showers. If you'd like to read about the Cali showers, you can check out the blog entries Cali Trip Day 2 for the Seaside shower, and check out Cali Trip Day 4 for the SJ shower.

~~~The Seaside Baby Shower~~~

The set-up for the Seaside baby shower! Karlyn and Lynn had tadpoles swimming around the room and used blue streamers to make it look like they were in water

Mark created a poster with what Tadpole's Facebook page might look like, and all the friends listed were the attendees of the shower. Mark and Karlyn also bought the baby girl balloon, and the frog, Prince Frederic the XXVII (the 27th because Tadpole is due on the 27th of April. I named him)

Karlyn knows I love chocolate chip cookies, so she made a huge one for dessert, with no dairy! Yay! And she used frosting to decorate it and "paint" a tadpole for Tadpole.

My mom won the first game, which was to find the most bottles hidden in the room.

In the 2nd game, everyone had to draw a baby in the womb. The catch of this game is that you couldn't look at what you were doing AND you had to draw the picture while the paper was on your head.

We all voted that Alicia's was the best drawing.

Valerie won at Baby Bingo!

The guys came back early from their pizza dinner to "crash" the shower and say hi. They let us be to continue in the girlyness.

I totally wanted this outfit for Tadpole! It's so darn cute! And it had a frog on the butt. hehe Thanks, Shilo!

Oh yeah! My daughter got her own pair of sunglasses! I always have sunglasses with me somewhere, so now Tadpole can be like her mother. ^_^

Karlyn made a blanket for Tadpole (left), that was a recreation of a blanket she grew up with (right). Cute isn't it. ^_^


~~~The SJ Baby Shower~~~

My mom also knows I love chocolate chip cookies. She made these, and they have Oreos in the middle! So good!

My mom decorated the room with toys, books, and clothes that were mine when I was little. For each item she had a picture that went with it to show me wearing it or playing with it. And yes, I'm a natural red head and proud of it!
The first game Amy planned was to have everyone guess how big my baby bump was. Alison guessed the closest! She was off by less than a centimeter!

For the 2nd game, Amy read off a series of questions relating to babies and pregnancy (they had multiple choice answers). Julie got the most correct!

For the 3rd and final game, everyone was given a small container of play-doh, from which they were to craft a model of a baby. I then had to vote on which one looked the most realistic and that I liked the most.

These were all the lovely creations which made it so hard to choose the winner! I liked Julies best, but since she already won a game, I picked my 2nd favorite, which Sarah made. And yes, the one on the top in the middle is a mermaid. hehehe ^_^

Ruth gave this to Tadpole. It was made by women who are part of Crafters for Christ at my church back home.I love the stars and moons on it.

This outfit is so cute! My mom found it. I can't wait for Tadpole to wear this!

Whoohoo! We got the diaper bag that matches Tadpole's bed set that we're planning on getting. Judy, Alison and Lindsey had it filled with other wonderful baby items for Tadpole

Yeah, I'd say Sarah know me. She knows I LOVE the Little Mermaid. ^_^

If you want to see a few more pictures from the showers, you of course can check out the blog entries I mentioned above. Hope you enjoyed seeing a bit more from the baby showers!

Again, thank you Mom, Amy, Karlyn and Lynn for planning the showers! And thank you everyone for blessing our little girl and us. I can't believe we are only two months away from her due date!

God bless you all! ^_^

1 comment:

  1. So glad Annabel and I could come to Seaside shower, yes! Love the FROG butt :). Miss you guys. Been interacting with a new gal at our church now who came from Calvary (Christa). Said she knew Andrew's parents. Pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete