Monday, October 25, 2010

Emotions


Sunday, September 26, 2010
I know I haven’t written anything for a week and a half, but that’s because the only “exciting” news is that I’ve felt like crap. It’s not fun feeling sick for about a month so far. I totally feel for my sister-in-law, Beth, who has HG (Hyperemesis Gravidarum) – which is totally worse than morning sickness.  I am happy to say I have not thrown up. Whether that’s out of stubbornness when I feel like I have to, or my body just not getting to that point, I have no idea.

But besides feeling sick this morning, I’ve been feeling very emotional. For those of you who do not know, since pregnant women have a change in their hormones, their emotions can get a little out of whack. I have found myself crying for no real reason, and then crying out of frustration for crying. This morning was just a chain reaction of tears. Thankfully I was able to make it to church with Andrew (I skipped out last week). We skipped 1st service, so I wasn’t with my 4 and 5 year olds, but we were able to go to 2nd service to hear Pastor Craig teach on the 2nd chapter of Galatians.

I was so happy to be able to talk with Shilo (one of the only two people here in Seattle who know we’re pregnant – we told Shilo and Glen since we’re doing post-marital  with them and we figure being pregnant is a huge part of our lives and affect our marriage in many ways, so they best know). As soon as I saw her after service I went straight up to her, gave her a hug and cried. She was able to give me great encouragement while we soothed sleepy baby Annabel who didn’t want to go to sleep, and toddler Micah who was having fun collecting pencils from the pews and then putting them back. Thanks to her and Andrew I felt well enough to go to a baby shower for a friend at church and had a lot of fun. And I ate the most food I’ve eaten in one day for the past 2 weeks! I really do eat more when I’m nowhere near the food when it’s being prepared.

I am so thankful for the support Andrew gave me in the morning, and both he and Shilo gave me after church. They both helped raise my spirits even though I’m still not feeling well.

No comments:

Post a Comment