Monday, October 25, 2010

Morning Sickness


Tuesday, August 31, 2010
I am not a fan of morning sickness. I don’t think any woman would be crazy enough to be a fan of it. Dealing with the cramps and headaches is manageable, but feeling sick when I get up in the morning, randomly throughout the day, and in the evening is not fun. Thankfully I haven’t thrown-up… yet. Let’s hope it stays that way.

I have two new favorite things (well, one was already a favorite in my life. I’m sure you can guess which): Ginger ale, and my purring cat. Ginger ale has been helping to sooth my stomach, and since it’s caffeine free, it’s safe for me to drink.  Hoshi has taken up residence on or next to my lap during a good part of my day. Her purring has helped to also sooth my stomach and relaxes me. When I start not feeling well and Andrew is home, he gets me Hoshi and a glass of Ginger ale. I love the remedy. 

Last night was the worst so far. If I did anything besides stand or sit up straight while bring still, I felt like I had to throw-up. After getting ready for bed, I sat in our blue comfortable rocking chair with blanket over me. Andrew was super loving and joined me in our living room, where he laid on the couch for bed. I couldn’t fall asleep, so Andrew got up to get my birthday present that finally arrived in the mail earlier that day. I hadn’t the slightest idea what it was and could only hear him taking plastic off something and then going to his computer. A moment later, my favorite relaxing music started playing: Kenny Loggin’s CD Return to Pooh Corner. I lost my original copy of it over two years ago and have been desiring a new copy of it ever since. I love my hubby. ^_^ I however do not love, or even like morning sickness.

No comments:

Post a Comment