Thursday, September 16, 2010
Andrew and I went to our first appointment for our little one. It was mostly to make sure our medical history and family medical history is documented so we know of any obvious risks that could be passed down, to ask Doc. T. what his role would be if we kept him as our doctor for my pregnancy, went over how I’ve been feeling, etc. The appointment went really well and Doc. T. answered all of our questions.
We did find out from a urine test that I am getting dehydrated and that my white blood cell count is high. I thought I’ve been drinking liquids like crazy, but I guess not enough! I’m drinking for two now, so I’m going to have to work on that and really make sure I get a lot more liquids into me. Also, with the high white blood cell count Doc. T. suspects I might be fighting the start of a UTI. Oh joy… Andrew’s going to pick up some cranberry juice for me so I can chug that and water to try and fight the possibility of a UTI without having to take any meds. I really want to stay away from taking any sort of medication unless I desperately need to. Yes, so medication are safe to take while pregnant (small amounts), but many have possibly ill side effects for the baby, and I do NOT want to risk any of that. Thus I will work on my liquid intake and hope that’s enough to fight any possible infection.
Doc. T. also told me that at this stage in pregnancy, and because of my turn-off towards food, I just need to get any type of food into me to make sure my body is getting nutrition. He said health is important, but right now because of my nausea and aversion to food I need to make sure I am eating enough. And if healthy food is a turn off, but I really wanna eat pizza (with no cheese of course) with a side of pop tart, then that’s okay for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment