Monday, October 25, 2010

Pumpkin Fun

Friday, October 22, 2010
We came up with a clever way to hint to our friends on facebook that I’m pregnant. Last Sunday Andrew and I carved our pumpkins, but left Tadpoles and Hoshi’s whole since they’re so small. And yes we kept the seeds to make toasted pumpkin seeds in the oven. 
Collecting all the pumpkin seeds

Carving my owl

Andrew carving his haunted castle/house

When we were done we took a picture of me, Andrew, and Hoshi with the four pumpkins and made the caption say “Andrew and I went to the Pumpkin Patch and bought a pumpkin for each member of our family (including Hoshi).” Some people caught on to the cleverness and commented on the photo or my status inquiring about the 4th pumpkin. Others sent me private messages to ask about it. But most either didn’t catch that there were four pumpkins or didn’t see the new picture. We concluded, along with a few of our other friends, that the idea was good, but a bit too clever. 

A pumpkin for each member of our family (including Hoshi)
So! A couple days later (on the start of week 13 – Thursday) I posted our first family photo as my profile picture. And that got people’s attention. ^_^
First family photo!

No comments:

Post a Comment