This weekend was family camp with our church family. Thank heavens I was able to get some nausea medication before we left for the weekend. It made the car ride so much better than I could have imagined it would be. Plus, one of the side effects if tiredness, so I fell asleep for most of the hour and a half drive. That definitely helped! Sadly I didn’t feel that well all weekend, so I missed out on over half the activities. I did however eat more than I have in a long while though! As I said last time, I eat so much more when I’m nowhere near the food being prepared.
After family camp though, Andrew and stopped by the Carleton Farm to visit their pumpkin patch. It was so much fun tromping through the patch looking for the perfect pumpkins for us. It had just rained though, so it was super muddy. We found a few very interesting pumpkins though. One even looked like a huge lemon or orange, and had a funky texture. Another totally looked like Bert’s head from Sesame Street. And there were some interesting colors too: white, green, yellow, orange, dark orange, bright orange, and then all the colors mixed up in different ways.
We to picked ones of the smaller variety, but not tiny. And we decided to get one pumpkin for each member of our family. Andrew picked a medium size one, I picked a medium-small one, and then me picked 2 small pumpkins; one for Tadpole and one for Hoshi. That is unless we end up having twins, then Hoshi’s pumpkin becomes Tadpole #2’s pumpkin. All our pumpkins cost us a grand total of… FOUR DOLLARS!!! It’s the cheapest pumpkin patch I’ve ever been to. And they had a great selection, a corn maze and hunted maze you could pay to do (we did not though), animals to look at and feed, a farm produce store, snack stop, and pumpkin launchers. After we bought our pumpkins and cleaned them up a bit (and ourselves!), we checked out the farm animals and produce store. And I was actually feeling hungry, so we hit up the snack shake too. All in all, it was a great family outing, and we both enjoyed ourselves. ^_^
No comments:
Post a Comment