AUGUST 29, 2010
Maybe women who have “normal” periods would have guessed they were pregnant sooner than I did. But when you’ve had an irregular period since the first one you ever had, you don’t get too curious or questionable on why your period if late. That is until over a week passes from your best guess at when you thought you might start.
It took me a while to clue into the fact that I have a little human growing inside me, by the grace of God. Cramps and headaches made me think my period was about to start. But after that went on for 4 or 5 days with nothing else happening, Andrew declared “You are so pregnant.” I still doubted though and proclaimed that I wouldn’t believe I was pregnant until I took a pregnancy test. So I went out and bought one. Why they make so many different brands and kinds of pregnancy test that all say they’re the best, I have no idea.
I took the test on Friday, August 27. It says you have to wait for 3 minutes for results, but two lines appeared on the stick in less than 30 seconds. I was so overwhelmed when I saw the results. I didn’t know what to do besides thank God for the precious gift He has given me and Andrew. I sat down on the floor with a huge smile on my face and tears rolling down my cheek as I thanked God. Even though I wanted to tell Andrew that day I decided to wait since he had a certification exam the next morning. So I contented myself with telling my cat, Hoshi, that she would be sharing “her” home with someone else before next summer.
On Saturday, Andrew and I drove to Tacoma so he could take his exam (which he passed!!! Way to go, hubby!!!). Our plan was to have lunch and then go to the Point Defiance Zoo to see the 3 month old tiger cubs. I was going to tell Andrew in a cute way while we were at the zoo that I was pregnant, but while we were having lunch at Sharri’s the topic came up. I was excited to finally tell him and not have to keep it a secret any more. We were both excited and tried to let the fact that we’ll be having a baby before next summer sink in. The fact is still sinking in!
I heard the best place to get pregnancy tests is the dollar store! Isn't that so funny/wild? I guess price really doesn't matter!
ReplyDelete