Tuesday, October 5, 2010
It’s so exciting to tell people about Tadpole! We’ve had the joy of being able to call and tell family and friends about our little one and hear their excitement and encouragement. It’s been such a blessing and is making me feel so much better. Since I’ve been feeling sick for about a month now without anyone really knowing about Tadpole, it’s great to know I have a bigger support system that is praying and excited for us. And who are all now more understanding on why I haven’t been in contact much lately, and skipping out on activities.
So, thank you all for your love, excitement, encouragement, and support! I cannot wait for everyone else to find out! Of course we cannot call everyone; that would be just impossible. So we’re planning on doing something on Facebook (since the majority of people we won’t be able to call are on Facebook), so make people guess what’s up.
What’s been humorous is the number of people who were expecting Andrew and I to make this announcement sooner rather than later, when we personally weren’t planning on having children for a few years. I don’t think I have explained this yet on this blog, so here I go.
You see, Andrew and I had OUR plan of waiting a few years to expand our family. During our pre-marriage counseling we discussed our thoughts and feelings, and what we thought God was leading us towards for birth control and when to have children. We both felt that God wanted us to totally put our trust in Him for HIS timing on when we would start our family, and thus and put birth control in His hand. After all, our Heavenly Father is our creator and thus has the power to open and close wombs. I think the best example of this in the bible is with Leah and Rachel in Genesis 30:17-22. Of course there are other examples of God opening and closing wombs in the Bible, but Leah and Rachel full story when you read all of it shows God doing it again and again.
So that’s what we started to pray for before we were wed and after. We prayed that God would close my womb when He did not want us to have children, and to open my womb and make me fruitful when we wanted us to have children, so that our family would be expanded in HIS perfect timing and not ours. Of course WE still had our personal feeling and thoughts on the matter, but we both put God’s will first. When we discovered we were pregnant part of our reaction was “seriously, God? You want us to have children now? You really think we’re ready for this?” But of course since we put it in God’s hands I know we are ready for this little one.
That does not mean we won’t have hardships or trials during my pregnancy or after we meet our little one God is blessing us with, but it does mean we can get through it all with God. Some of you might think we’re crazy for putting this much in God’s hands. But I’d rather have Him be in charge since He can see the whole picture, when Andrew and I can only see a peephole size of it all. God knows what’s best for us and what is best for our little one, and we are doing our best to trust in Him as He takes us on this exciting adventure.
Trust in God all the way Brady! Thank you for the inspiration :)
ReplyDelete