Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Why "Tadpole"

Tuesday, October 26, 2010
Many of you are probably wondering "why is the blog called "Tadpole Chronicles? And why does she refer to her baby as "Tadpole"?"


Well, you see, I knew a whole day before Andrew that I was pregnant. Since he had a certification test the following morning I decided to wait and tell him until afterward so he wouldn't be distracted. This means I had a whole day to keep our little one's life a secret! I only had God, Hoshi and the baby growing to talk to about it. During all my excitement, one thing I said to the baby is "you're no bigger than a little tadpole, and you basically look like one now too." I don't want to refer to our baby as "It," and saying "he/she" all the time takes up a whole breath and makes sentences complicated. So! Tadpole stuck as a name I could refer to our little one as.

So that's why I call our baby Tadpole. And since this blog is in relation to the baby and started because of the baby, I thus named it "Tadpole Chronicles."

4 comments:

  1. I read through all of your posts - it was so fun to read more than what you have shared - keep it up. And thank you for posting the count-down for Tadpole.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE it! Daniel asks..."Can Tadpole be the middle name?!" Silly Daniel!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So how did Andrew react when you told him?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leanne: Andrew's first reaction was along the lines of "ha! I knew you were pregnant!" And then went to excitement and a bit overwhelmed with our new reality. He's a happy daddy-to-be, and has been loving our little one in the womb. Sometimes he kisses my belly and tells me those kisses aren't for me, their for our baby.

    ReplyDelete